PSPC is currently looking for the following:
PSPC Staff Psychiatrist
The Puget Sound Psychiatric Center, is looking for energetic, dedicated and knowledgable psychiatrists to join our Staff/Faculty, in its Bothell and Edmonds Locations.
The ideal candidate should have a thirst for knowledge and a yearning for teaching; and also enjoy life in a professional academic setting with ongoing learning and teaching as part of the daily routine.
There is a great potential for personal and professional growth.
Overview of Duties
1. Responsible for Outpatient Psychiatric Care (4 Hours per day)
i. New patient intake interview and assessment.
ii. Treatment planning for patients.
iii. Medication Management follow-up appointments.
iv. Appropriate and timely referrals if needed.
v. Strategic direction and supervision of midlevel providers.
vi. Follow ICH-GCP (good clinical practice) guidelines.
- Participation in Professional Committees (4 Hours per month), which may include;
i. Peer Review (1 Hour per month).
ii. Curriculum Development (1 Hour per month).
iii. Medical Staff Meeting (1 Hour per month).
iii. Faculty Development (up to 4 Hours per quarter)
- Supervision of Residents (2 Hours per day); which may include;
i. 1-Hour Patient-care Case Supervision per day.
ii. Didactic discussions. (4 Hours per week)
iii. Scholarly activity Mentorship (4 Hours per week)
- Participation in Grants/Scholarly activities (approx 4 Hours per week).
Patient Care Expectations
- 8-12 patients (15-30 minute appointments) per day (approximately 4 Hours per days).
- No “first” on-call expectations.
Applicant Requirements Includes
- Unrestricted Valid Washington State Physician’s license. or
- License Eligible Physicians may apply;
a. Full unrestricted Washington State Physician’s license is required before start of employment.
3. Candidates should be “credentialed or be credentiable” with most major insurance panels in Washington State, before start of employment.
4.Completed (in good standing) ACGME approved residency training program in Psychiatry from reputable program.
5. Board Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
6. Board Eligible; may apply;
a. With plans for ABPN Board certification within two years of start of employment.
b. At least two years of post-Board Eligibility Status practice in an inpatient, outpatient and emergency psychiatry setting.
Desirable Experience Includes
- Knowledge and experience of evidence based psychiatric practice and psychopharmacology.
- Knowledge of evidence base psycho-social therapies, trauma informed care and emerging concepts in recovery from mental illness.
- Experience in supervising, mentoring, and training residents
- Prior experience as part of a Residency Program Teaching Faculty.
- Published/Scholarly activity highly desired /preferred.
How to Apply
- To be considered for this position, interested candidates should submit the following:
a. A letter of interest specifically addressing the qualifications listed in this job announcement.
b. A current chronological resume.
c. Three (3) or more; professional letters of references (LOR), with verifiable current contact information. LOR’s should be from the following;
i. Current employer/member of equal standing if in a group practice.
ii. ACGME accredited Residency Program Director (or their representative), certifying status in good standing at the time of graduation.
iii. Immediate Supervisor of Residency Program Teaching Faculty, where most recent position held.
Life in Washington:
Quality of life in Washington State is magnificent. Seattle provides the big-city living experience with its theaters, opera, ballet and museums, to professional sport franchises. Seattle is one of the major metropolitan areas of the US, and home to a number of top universities.
The Pacific Northwest life style is a mixture of progressive and cutting edge intellectual experiences to the casual laid back welcoming and tolerant culture of the Washingtonians.
Where ever you are in the Pacific Northwest, you are just a few hours from the most enjoyable and diverse out door experience that you can imagine.
At the PSPC, you will enjoy a rewarding career with impressive benefits designed to help you maintain a comfortable lifestyle for you and your family, including:
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- In-House Continuing Education
Benefits apply to full-time (1.0 FTE) employees. PSPC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants considered for employment at the PSPC, are required to undergo a background check.